Becoming "Almost" Minimalist...

I've tossed the idea of minimalism around in my mind a few times but then I remember I keep way to much junk to fully commit to that type of living not that I couldn't live without some things but that sometimes its just hard letting go of things. I don't fully like the minimalist concept but the part of being more simple and only having what you need sounds nice in theory. The part I don't like is the cold uninviting modern look, try Googling  the term and you will see photos like this. Mostly white cold rooms with absolutely no clutter.


While the no clutter part sounds nice this cold and unattractive look would not work for me at all. So my thing is can I use minimalist tips to declutter yet keep a more warm and inviting design? I think its possible. By only keeping things you need and things that you love. Which I know is easier said than done for people like me who have such a difficult time letting go. Things hold memories. and there are tons of those things we could get rid of but we don't because of those attachments. but anyway I'm thinking this whole minimalist concept can be applied but made to be more warm and country... maybe a bit like this photo. 


It's warm yet not a whole load of clutter either. THIS is my goal. I would love to have the kitchen and living area more open but to do so we would have to knock out another wall which I don't want to do yet until I'm sure it will work out structurally. and I also have to figure out where to put everything because the existing wall supplies power to the fridge, washer, and dryer!! So there lies the problem. If we had another room for laundry hookup that'd be great. but since we have to make due with what we have its just not going to work out that way just yet. We could probably get by with taking part of the wall out but I'm not really sure how that would look. I guess we will see if the mood hits us this coming spring/summer. I'm definitely looking forward to 2012! Happy New Year everyone!! & Thanks for reading~ 



 

Comments

Popular Posts