An Opportunity to Donate

I am the type of person who will keep anything that I think someone might use or need, while my husband could toss it all without a second thought just for the sake of space and no more clutter. He hates my "junk"  and also hates when I bring more in. So any opportunity that comes up for me to find useful places for my things or "junk" to go and find a good home I'm all for it. Over the summer we tried yard sales and made a little which ended up being a truck payment but I still had things here we didn't need. So when a nice lady I met from from facebook (She gave us our cat Charlotte) started a group called Christmas Angels in Disguise I knew I could help out in some way with the things I had here. My slight OCD makes me have to sort through things before I give them away because the thought of losing something important in the mess would drive me insane. So I've had the time thankfully to go through things and help out while also letting go of things we did not need. It feels good to help people knowing it is going to a good place and not to the dump or being sold at goodwill, and also that it helps me lessen the chaos here in the house. I think that people like her make the world go round and what she and everyone helping her are doing is amazing. The biggest reason I like giving things is because I know what it's like to need the help. We have definitely seen our ups and downs, and I'm happy and thankful we have had our most of our needs met just in time. This is just another step in going more simple and keeping things we need. Since it's getting late I'm ending this blog my mind is going blank and my eyes are going sleepy. Goodnight for now. I will post back soon~

Comments

Popular Posts