A Little Family History

I recently spent the weekend at my grandparents house with Mom & Dad. Although my Mamaw and Papaw are now gone my memories of them still live on in that house. I wanted to post a few photos from my stay to share with you part of my life my love and my family~
























My grandmother collected many things, she was an amazing artist and her love of nature was very inspiring to me I'm glad I could keep a part of her with me I have one of her paintings in our bathroom and It amazes me what she was able to do. They built this house from the ground up and raised 5 kids under the roof. It truly was a homestead and going there still today helps me to stay focused on my goals... there are so many things we have now which are not needed. A simple reminder of the good old saying 
"all that glitters is not gold" 
The older things that I have her are much more cherished than anything I have new. I'm learning everyday to be thankful for what we have and not to want for anything that we do not need in my life I'm tired of useless clutter and ready for a simpler way of living. 
I hope you all enjoy the photos from my Grandparents house 
as much as I enjoyed being there to take them. 
Happy Homesteading & God Bless


Comments

Popular Posts