Country Cabin Feel



So I've been thinking some more on how to make our home feel more open and simple and since our kitchen shares a wall with our bedroom the ideal thing to do would be to make our room the living area and take down that existing wall not only to make it feel bigger and more open but to cut the cost of heating and cooling in half! I thought of this a few months ago and we have already completed the first step by knocking the big closet out in our room. but we've come to a halt on getting the rooms switched. One big issue is having no closet, for now I have left up the existing closet hanging hardware but I have no clue where I am putting the clothes while we make the big switch. I'm thinking maybe they could go in our sons closet until we get things situated since he mostly uses his dresser space for his clothes. That being said I have been thinking today on the walls in what will be the new living area I want it to feel super cozy and country but still be on the cheaper side of things so I automatically thought of wood paneling possibly pine or cedar but here is my question... can you install paneling horizontal instead of vertical like we always see?  If so that is what I plan to do because it will give things a cabin feeling without actually having a cabin. I always see houses with nice portraits hung nicely on the walls of cabins and scenery but the way I see things I'd rather make it a goal to have my house look more like the cabin than to own the hundred dollar painting of one on my wall. Please leave comments about hanging paneling and below I'm leaving a few samples of a few paneling ideas to choose from. Thanks for reading and following us =] ~God Bless~




*Medium Color Knotty Pine*
*Light Plank Pine*


*Raw Aromatic Cedar*


[TBF-Homestead]


Comments

Popular Posts