Needing More To Get Less

In recent conversations in my friend Liss's Facebook group called City Living, Country Bound, we were discussing the true goals of our heart and how sometimes its just not financially possible to live out those dreams to the fullest. Even if we saved for years it wouldn't be enough. I'm not living in the City as they are but I can still relate because sometimes I feel my heart is not here. I miss home where I grew up and nothing is the same here.. the smells are different and most of the time I stay inside. I have been here over five years now and its still just not the same. My husband on the other hand was born and raised here so he must feel the same way I do about where I came from though he does like it there since the hunting is better. He did say that he would move if we ever had the chance but I'm really torn. I don't want to leave here because we have made this house our home and its the only home our son knows. Plus since it is family owned we are in a place where we cannot sell no matter what. I do have a place back home that Mom has said we could build on but I don't see us moving anytime in the near future. I just have so many mixed feelings on the whole thing like part of me wants to go but part of me wants to stay. So I was thinking maybe we could work toward building a small cabin or house. On that property just for a nice get away and maybe not even put electricity in it!! but for now we have no money to even work on the one we have much less build another, so time will have to tell and if things change for the better we will work on that goal. Its something that stays in the back of my mind and one day maybe it will happen. but until then a girl can dream her dreams until the day when she can hopefully make them her reality.

Comments

  1. lol Thanks Joie I know its been awhile I had one coming =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. That was my problem when I moved back to the city. I was born here and thought this was where I belonged. I now know that I belong back in Maine where my husband was born and where most of my best memories are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thanks for sharing that it makes me feel better about the mixed feelings I have had about moving and I know that what you are saying is true that I would also miss it here if we were to move. We really need to make the most of what we have here and try to be more thankful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts