Springtime Planning (or Daydreaming)

We had our very first spring rain this morning! Finally a release from old man winter and that fresh new smell of everything beginning to come back to life. Ya can't help but feel happy about that. So with the windows open letting the new air in I've been thinking a bit about our future plans with our home. We've both tossed back and forth the idea of starting over completely or striving to make what we have work. & sometimes in frustration that seems like the best choice... a nice new clean slate to work with. but it isn't financially logical for us to do, so we have to start somewhere and work til this place is finished. I have battled since the day I moved here with paint colors and flooring, the kitchen has been replaced only once but the type that we got was horrible and is now tore and stained. (Lesson Learned) So this is high priority on the list after structural fixes, but then there's the walls...

     Needless to say I have had my kitchen painted what seems like 17 different colors lol! Only to end up hating each one. So my goal now is to install a knotty pine paneling with a medium color stain and call it quits on the paint deal. After looking at tons of photos online I have come to the conclusion that I just don't like the look of painted drywall period. I know in about every article I've found about paneling it's about them getting rid of it because it's sooo (OMG) dated!! Well the thing about that is that it doesn't matter to me because that's my style and I'm the one looking at it not some magazine editor or design star. I want my home to feel cozy, warm, simple and inviting. Here are a few photos that I've found which inspire me. ~ENJOY~









The last two photos are mine by the way and that's my mom in the bottom pic haha. (Hi Mom) ...ANYway this is an idea of what I'm going for. Hopefully one of these days we will get there. For right now the walls are low priority on our to-do list so I guess this is just me daydreaming again. Feel free to share with me your photos if you have some knotty pine going on in your home. I always love to see other peoples houses/floor plans who knows what little something could inspire someone. Well it's time to sign off for now. I hope you liked my post I will be back for furniture ideas, flooring & dinnerware. ~

Comments

Popular Posts