[The Layout, The Game Plan, and Other Goals]

I know that it has been a few months since my last post but life has been crazy to say the least. We were happily excited to find out I was pregnant on Christmas day 2010. I had been making plans for the baby and not really putting focus on my homestead goals, but February 10th I started bleeding and went in to the ER only for them to tell me my baby had died and they had to take him/her. We were devastated but somehow I already knew I wouldn't be able to carry this child. They told me that my hormones where low and the baby had just stopped growing at 8 weeks, I carried it to 11 weeks and they took the baby on the 11th. That just so happened to be the same exact day that we conceived our son back in 2006. We are doing good as a family in carrying on with life and now I am prepared to move on with all of my homesteading hopes, dreams, and goals.
The layout is referring to our house, we have decided to completely remove the wall between our bedroom and the kitchen and making it one huge living room/kitchen. I thought up the plan and drew it out on paper, its still rough ideas but it completely solves our heating problem. We plan to buy a wood burning stove to heat our small home and with the new open layout it will be nice and toasty in here this coming winter. This is far better than our 527 dollar electric bill from running space heaters in each room. This is one of the first things that has to change. One of the other things I wanted to work towards is getting rid of the microwave. We run an electric stove which is brand new so we aren't going to switch that out yet but I do want to work on making any small changes we can. I want to thank everyone for liking us on facebook and to feel free to post any information that might be helpful to anyone interested in homesteading, that would be greatly appreciated. I will be taking before and after pictures of our new room conversions. and maybe it will inspire you to do the same in your home if possible. Until next time remember to live simply and count your blessings. Spring is almost here! =]<3

Comments

  1. I am so sorry about the loss of your baby. That is never an easy thing to go through.

    We got rid of the microwave the same year we got rid of our television. Both decisions I am glad we made. You can use a wood stove for a microwave, I do it all the time! Just healthier. Look for a wood stove with a big flat top that you can cook on. Wonderful as a crockpot too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts