[It's Worse Than I Thought]

We live in a small two bedroom house which should be cute and comfy, but being the semi-hoarder that I am it just isn't... I have photos of this house when I first moved in... before all of my things came with me and before I squeezed even more into it. and let me tell you it was amazingly clutter free and its an utter shock to see it now. I'm actually embarrassed for my mother n law to see it now. So the thing is why do I have and hold onto all this "stuff"? My husband could take it all right now to the dump and not think twice about it but I'm always saying someone could use it or we could get money for the house by trying to sell it. Sometimes I believe he thinks I'm batty! I am getting to the point where I know its a problem. We have no area that we can properly arrange a good yard sale but I'm thinking about trying anyway. If not its all going to the Salvation Army or Goodwill! I can't just throw it all away!! My friend Tierra gave me the idea to possible advertise somethings over facebook. If I can make something to put on the house that'd be great. Most of our tax check will be going on a used vehicle and a wood burning stove for the house. We're really excited about getting both. Especially since we used space heaters all this winter to heat our home and it run the electric bill sky high. =/ so the wood burner is a must!

Here is the picture of the disaster area... I was attempting to put all things not needed into a pile and this is what I came up with!!


NIGHTMARE!! I crave simple, yet this is what I have, and now that I know I need help I have to deal with my problem. Once and for all.

Comments

  1. Craigslist.com is another good place to sell things locally. Some areas have a "swap shop" near their dump where you can drop off reusable stuff for someone else to pick up for free. You're right, putting useful stuff in a landfill is not good. Having it clutter up your living space isn't good either. :)

    Have a friend come over and watch the kids, have another help you load up bags of stuff to take away. Make a party out of it. Clutter liberation day! :) Best of luck with the work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts