[Spring is in the Air]

Every January we look forward to the day when we will see green on the hill. The very first thing to turn green is a brier patch on the bank beside the house. It is getting greener by the day now and the robins have come back to look for worms. It has still been cool out and it even snowed the other day but spring is well on its way now, and we couldn't be more happy! My little pea sprouts I started the other day are standing tall, though I'm not real sure when I should put them outside. I also got my Burpee seed catalog in the mail and now planning what to grow this year. We both agreed that we didn't want cucumbers because we didn't really want them last year but we do want tons of squash and tomatoes. and I'd like a few green pepper plants. I promised my little boy that I would let him plant watermelon so that is on the list too! I'm so excited to get out there and get started haven't been able to do much since having my miscarriage in February but I'm doing more little at a time. I go back to the doctor on the 25th this month so hopefully they tell me I can work in the garden by now. I really want to get a few laying hens this year but we must do some work on our shed out front before it will be ready for chickies. I hope that everyone has a very productive year and a healthy harvest! God Bless~

TBF-Homestead

Comments

  1. Hi Marie! I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Hopefully, you will be all healed and ready to start working in the garden. Looking forward to planting too, but I will have to start seeds in the house first.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts