Why Can't Home Be More Like Vacation?

I've been thinking a few days on how I should white this blog post, its something Ive been wondering for some time now, about the differences in home and vacation. We do things while vacationing that we wouldn't do at home but somehow its fun when we do it there. Like for instance when we stay at Bluestone cabins we like to sit out on the porch which is overlooking the river. but here at home we never sit out on our porch hardly ever. So my thing is how can we make it to where our homes feel more like vacation and not something we want to go somewhere else to get away from lol! I know this is random but its something I can't help but wonder about and strive to work on here in our home. The thing I love the most about the cabins is that theres nothing in them its simple bare necessities, uncluttered and yet it seems like a second home to me. We have gone there just about every year since before I was born so yeah the cabins hold a special home feeling with me and probably more so than our home here. We will hopefully be going back in June for a couple of days. I look at the pictures from the cabin and the first thing I think of and cringe about is all the clutter I can't get rid of in my own home and of course I'll run to get away from it for a week if I can!! My goal now is to find ways to make the two similar enough to maybe not even want to go on any vacation at all.

This is the inside view of a three bedroom
cabin at Bluestone State Park, Hinton WV

Comments

Popular Posts